Psychological Therapy & Assessment
Millstream Psychology offers a boutique psychology service experience, providing:
- Treatment for children, adolescents, young adults and adults.
- Assessment for autism, ADHD & learning differences for children, adolescents and young adults.
- Gain diagnostic clarity through assessment
- Develop supportive coping strategies in treatment
- Strengthen your sense of self and connections with others
Mental Health Vulnerability
Are you struggling with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety or trauma? Do you find it difficult to manage your emotions, thoughts or behaviours? Are these issues affecting your relationships, work or daily life?
Mental health problems can cause significant pain and distress, impacting all aspects of your life. They can leave you feeling isolated, overwhelmed, and unable to cope. They may also lead to physical symptoms such as headaches, sleep disturbances and fatigue.
Millstream Psychology offers a safe and confidential space to explore your thoughts and feelings with a qualified Psychologist. Using evidenced therapies and techniques, you will be supported to manage and overcome mental health challenges, develop coping skills, and improve your overall well-being. Millstream Psychology can provide you with the support to live a happier and healthier life.
Are you or a loved one struggling with symptoms that may be related to Autism, ADHD, or learning difficulties? Do you find it difficult to concentrate, learn, relate to others or communicate effectively? Are you unsure of how to understand, manage or explain these challenges?
These unclear symptoms can significantly impact daily life, causing frustration, confusion, and difficulty in personal, academic, or work-related settings. Without comprehensive assessment to guide support needs, these challenges may persist, affecting self-esteem, relationships, and long-term success.
Millstream Psychological assessment services are comprehensive and can provide diagnostic clarity to help you and your loved ones understand symptoms and behaviours and direct you to helpful supports and interventions.
Millstream Psychology Services
Qualified & Professional
Clinicians have psychology Masters qualifications & specialist autism assessment training
Gold Standard Assessment
Assessment processes adhere to National Guidelines and Gold Standard processes
Clinicians link with specialists & schools to align multi-contextual strategies.
- Treatment Services for Children, Adolescents, Adults & Families
- Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Grief, Trauma, Identity …
- Linking in with GPs, Psychiatrists, Paediatricians, Specialists & Schools
- Supporting those living with neurodivergence
- Mental Health Diagnostic Assessment
- Better Access Initiative Treatment
- NDIS Self-Managed and Plan-Managed Treatment Services
- Private Health Care Fund Treatment Services
- Autism Assessment
- ADHD Assessment
- Cognitive Assessment
- NDIS Review Assessment
- Functional Assessment of Capacity
- Learning Difference Assessment
- Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Giftedness
- Diagnostic Reporting
Frequently Asked questions
Medicare Rebates may apply for individuals under age 25 years referred by a Paediatrician or Psychiatrist. Rebates do not apply with GP referrals.
Small Medicare rebates apply only for assessments administered directly with the child (e.g., a maximum of two).
Check with your Private Health Care provider for rebates.
Under the new National ASD Assessment Guidelines, you require a referral for ADHD or ASD psychological assessment.
At Millstream Psychology, we recommend you visit your GP and discuss symptoms as a first step. Your GP may recommend a specialist referral. For children, Millstream Psychology accepts GP, Paediatrician & Child Psychiatrist referrals for ASD Assessment.
Millstream Psychology may assess young adults for autism when a Psychiatrist referral has been provided and the Psychiatrist is willing to participate in the multidisciplinary assessment.
Under the current ASD National Assessment Guidelines, for ASD Assessment in WA, an experienced Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) with specialist training in ASD assessment & diagnosis is required, dependent on the assessor’s age. Recommended is:
- Under age 12 years – Paediatrician + Clinical Psychologist + Speech Pathologist
- 12 to 18 years – Paediatrician + Clinical Psychologist
- Adult – Psychiatrist
Under the Better Access Initiative, you can choose which Psychologist you wish to engage with despite who the GP has addressed the referral to.